Photobucket


Monday, November 22, 2010

My commitment to a cappuccino maker

I didn't do much this weekend other than a little laundry, cleaning and very minor organizing. I can't believe how lame I've become at the ripe old age of 26.

Yesterday after an early Sunday morning wake-up call from my nephew who I was babysitting for a few hours, I made myself a "cafe mocha" with my cappuccino maker that I don't use nearly enough. I needed a little pick me up because an energetic 3-year-old at 8 a.m. is almost more than I can handle.
I make my Cafe Mocha with Starbucks mocha powder and a generic breakfast blend coffee. In my opinion, my homemade version tastes virtually identical to the Starbucks version at a fraction of the cost. I even drink it out of a Starbucks mug!

Putting in a little extra effort saves me the $5 I would've spent at a Starbucks, which truly is outrageous for a cup of coffee. I typically fork over the extra money without thinking twice because on most days I'm too lazy to brew my own espresso or froth my own milk.

So I guess the moral of my story is that I'm going to make an effort to spend more time with my cappuccino maker and less time in a Starbucks line. I know cutting back on Starbucks sounds silly, but $5 here and there adds up.
Pin It

1 comment:

  1. "I didn't do much this weekend other than a little laundry, cleaning and very minor organizing." - who are you????

    ReplyDelete