Photobucket


Wednesday, February 9, 2011

My handbag haven

I've realized I don't do a very good job of blogging about my bargain fashion finds, so for now on I am going to highlight fashion finds more often because that's really where I put my bargain shopping skills to use the most.  I don't know why I haven't been sharing, please forgive me friends. 

I typically only buy on clearance/sale or at my absolute favorite discount store, TJ Maxx.  I really do consider myself a "Maxxinista".  I love buying reduced-price designer jeans there, work and "going-out" tops, summer and special occasion dresses, shoes and home decor (i.e. my obsession with Home Goods). You name it, I can probably find it at a TJ Maxx.  They get thousands of shipments of merchandise weekly priced up to 60 percent off department store prices.  I mean, hello!  This is a bargain shopper's dream store.

TJ Maxx is also the first (and usually last) place I hit when I am in need of (or want) a new handbag.   Like the title of this post states, my 'handbag haven' for brand-name bags at discounted prices is TJ Maxx.  Michael Kors (yes, please), Dooney & Bourke, Juicy Couture, Nine West, B. Makowsky, Fossil, Jessica Simpson, Kathy Van Zeeland, Steve Madden, Gucci, etc. just to name a few.  

This 'haven' I speak of  is always located right by the store entrance and almost impossible to resist.  Even if you aren't in the market for a new bag, it will be hard to divert your eyes away from the enormous color-coded selection of bags when you walk in the door.  Just like shoes and unlike denim, handbags don't judge you if you gain an extra 5 to 10 pounds, and that's why a good handbag and I tend to get along just great. 

I am one of those people who will invest in a quality handbag and wear it for a year or more.  Don't side-eye me.  Yes, I'll wear it through every season, I'll use it every single day and I won't care what anyone thinks.  I have a hard enough time getting out the door with a full face of make-up on.  The last thing I need to worry about is switching out my purse contents too.  The only time I switch out is when I go from handbag to clutch on weekends because I for one am not lugging a big bag around a bar or at a crowded restaurant.  No thank you.

The last 2 every day handbags I purchased were from you guessed it, TJ Maxx.

Last month I scooped up this Nine West black bag from TJ Maxx for only $31.39 after tax.  I love how big it is and how many compartments it has inside because I tend to carry a lot of stuff with me.  I have no problem fitting everything I need in this bag.



I purchased this B. Makowsky tote at TJ Maxx in August 2009 with some birthday money.  I carried it until recently when I got the Nine West bag mentioned above.  It's been through a lot and it's held up perfectly the entire time.  If my memory serves me correctly, I paid either around $160 or $140 for it (sorry, had a few glasses of wine since then), but it was originally close to $300. 
[via]
So there you have it.  My favorite place to find bargain-priced handbags is none other than TJ Maxx.  Do you have a go-to store for handbags?
Pin It

8 comments:

  1. Do you realize how much I miss TJMaxx?! Ugh ... CC is missing out. Boo. LOVE both of those!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm all over the place for purses - if it's beautiful and it fits my budget, it's mine! ;)

    -miz

    ps: cute blog, now following :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh I SO love TJ Maxx! Marshalls too... I'm a sucker for handbags :)

    I'm most definitely looking forward to your bargain fashion finds. Please share!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE TJ MAXX, MARSHALLS, and HOME GOODS too!!!! Love your bags! You can never have too many ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sadly we have no TJ Maxx in Alaska.

    However, I carry a Miche bag that the hubby gave me for Christmas. I keep the same bag and switch out the cover with my outfit.

    It's on my blog:
    http://chic907.blogspot.com/2010/12/my-miche.html

    Not sure if these are cool in the Lower 48 or old news. Fashion is a little different here...

    ReplyDelete
  6. totally with you on TJ Maxx--great for purses and sometimes shoes. And most certainly for home decor stuff (sheets, etc.). Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am OBSESSED with TJ Maxx. I always buy my purses and shoes there. Love love love.

    ReplyDelete