Photobucket


Thursday, February 17, 2011

What I'm Playing Thursday

Photobucket

I've never participated in a "link-up" before so welcome to my very first one via the blog We're Just Like You Only Prettier.  I thought this was a fun one to do because I love finding out about new artists from others.  Hopefully you'll see something you like that I'm listening to.  I'd love to know what YOU are listening to.

First up is a cutie I discovered on You Tube via his acoustic cover of Colbie Calliat's "I Never Told You".  It's amazing and I've listened to it more times that I can count.  He does crazy good covers, so I highly recommend checking him out via his Facebook fan page or his YouTube channel (Did I mention he's easy on the eyes?).   His latest cover is probably my favorite song on the radio right now, so I was more than excited when I saw he covered it.  It's "Grenade" by Bruno Mars:

Zac Brown Band is my favorite country band. I get all tingly listening to "Colder Weather" ever since I saw them play in live on a CMT special a few months ago.  I wanted to see them perform at the Houston Rodeo, but it's not going to work-out and I'm bummed.  Booo!  Maybe they'll come to Dallas soon, and someone will surprise me with tickets!  Ha, I wish.  

I was mesmerized when I first heard "If I Die Young" by the Band Perry for the first time and I just downloaded their debut CD to my itunes a few weeks ago.  Their latest single is "You Lie" and I heart it almost as much as I heart "If I Die Young".  "You Lie" is currently on my work-out playlist because it's a great 'girl done wrong by boy' song.  We can all relate I'm sure.

I think I'll stop with my top 3 favorites. I hope you enjoyed my first ever link-up. Have a great Thursday and happy listening!
Pin It

7 comments:

  1. YAY for first time link up! Love all your picks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your choices!! thanks for linking up girl! :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh. my. lanta. that joe fella is H-O-T. i wonder if he's single...i will definitely be stalking him out. i love "never told you" and his version is SOOOO good.

    thanks for sharing this wonderful man with us.

    p.s. new follower! love your blog. so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh WOW! He has a great voice and you're right, he's not bad on the eyes :) Thanks for the introduction!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I linked up, too. Thanks for sharing!

    P.S. How/why did a 70-year-old harass you at Wal-Mart?

    www.turnuptherad.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. If I Die Young pulls at my heart stings every single time I hear it....I constantly think of my friend who lost her husband at a very young age 2 years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the ZBB! Bruno Mars is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete