Photobucket


Monday, April 16, 2012

Weekend Wrap-Up: Cinnamon Roll Waffles, Gymnastics and a Beauty Bar

You know all that Martha Stewart-esque stuff you pin on Pinterest and then forget about?  Well, I finally made something this weekend that I pinned ....

May I introduce you to Cinnamon Roll Waffles?
Easiest breakfast ever and my nephew loved them (as did Aunt Lindsey)!  You literally only need cooking spray, cinnamon rolls and a waffle maker.  Spray the iron, put one cinnamon roll in the middle, close the top and less than a minute later, it is done.  Ice while warm and serve!  Yum, yum in my tum!

I was a competitive gymnast for 14 years, so on Saturday mornings I drag Reese to gymnastics so he can follow in his Auntie's foot steps.  I'm kidding about the drag part because he absolutely loves it, which brings a smile to my heart. He is the only boy in the class.  Such a ladies man that Reese.

Saturday night was "ladies night" (although when you are single, every night is ladies night), and 8 of us girls went to dinner at The Porch, which is one of my favorite places to dine in the Big D.  They have the best artichoke spinach dip and pork chop.  The food is legit.

After dinner we trekked down the street to the self-proclaimed hipster bar called The Beauty Bar, a recommendation from our waiter.  How I had never heard of this bar, I do not know.  Clearly I don't get out much but I thought the concept was genius.  The decor theme is 1950s salon.  Think glitter walls, vintage furniture, and real, antique dome hair dryers as seating.
There is a DJ and a dance party, so we had some fun here and I definitely want to go back.  They even have a $10 Martini & Manicure Happy Hour from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m.  Yes, please.

There are "sister" Beauty Bars in several other major U.S. cities, so see if there is one by you and have a ladies night out with your best betches!
Pin It

23 comments:

  1. why did you leave out your "sunday funday" portion of the weekend?

    i wish my weekend was as fun as this. despite the foot massage and losing of the cell phone oh and my morning trek to my car the weekend wasn't that bad. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a great weekend! I had a girl's night as well :)
    We have a Beauty Bar in Denver and I've always had a great time there! Ours does a showing of the Project Runway on Thursdays when the show is on TV and I've heard it's alot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHAHAHAAH! That bar looks hysterical! :) And those waffles look AMAZING. YUMMY.

    ReplyDelete
  4. those cinnamon waffles look delish and I actually did competitve gymnastics for 12 years too! reese really is just the cutest ever.

    ReplyDelete
  5. that waffle looks amazing!! and i just looked up the beauty bar and we have one in nyc! very exciting, i want to try it out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. im jealous your weekend looks like so much fun compared to mine! LOL! I am sitting here salivating at those waffles and that delicious looking red drink with a strawberry? yum!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Whaaaatt?! No Beauty Bar here in the DMV [DC] area :( That looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. MUST make the cinnamon roll waffles!!

    And how precious that Reese takes gymnastics. Love, Love, Love that!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was totally drooling when you posted that waffle picture on instagram!! And I LOVE that bar. Looks like a very fun weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks like an amazing weekend! :) And Reese is just too cute!! LOVE LOVE LOVE the little bar that you guys went to! SO fun!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That waffle looks incredible, and it looks like you had such a great weekend! My younger sister is in Ft. Worth, and next time I visit I'm definitely dragging her to the Beauty Bar! Except, just like your nephew, there probably won't be much actual dragging involved because she'll be all over it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like a fabulous weekend. How neat is that bar you went to! I wish we had something like that here. xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. you are such a cute aunt...
    Seriously I bet Reese tells all his friends how cool his aunt is (I tell mine, cause I love my aunt and live with her)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Even though I've just eaten dinner I totally want a cinnamon roll waffle!! & that beauty bar looks awesome.. what a unique place!

    xo
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yum the waffles looked amazing.
    I love that bar!!! Wish we had one.

    ReplyDelete
  16. So fun!!! I love the beauty bar!!! Looks like a fabulous weekend!!

    Xx Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  17. Holy amazingness! Those cinnamon bun waffles look like they'd be the most delicious thing ever. Some of my best recipes lately have been from Pinterest :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. what a fab weekend! those rolls have been on my radar for a while and that beauty bar is genius!

    ReplyDelete
  19. When I was in NY for school a long time ago we would hang out at The Beauty Bar. This post just brought back memories!! :-)

    Jayme @ Her Late Night Cravings

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am totally making those cinnamon rolls and eating the roll damn can by myself!

    How have I not heard of this Beauty Bar yet? I'm totally dragging my girls there. Looks like a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  21. The Beauty Bar is my favorite place to start on Saturday nights. Strong but cheap drinks!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I totally had to make the Cinammon roll waffles after seeing your Instagram photo..soooo good!!!! And wtf, I must go to Beauty Bar asap.

    ReplyDelete